Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Alright my fellow grease monkeys, here is a product you are sure to love! I discovered this product a few years back, but kinda forgot about when it got lost among the hoards of other matifying products  I had. Well, thanks to a sudden warming of weather and the oil glands on my face going into overtime while trying to make me look extra shiny, I have rediscovered Rimmel London's Stay Matte Pressed Powder :)

Product: The product comes in multiple shades, but I would recommend the "translucent" powder so you can use it year  round without worrying if it matches your skin color. When applying I usually use a Kabuki or large powder brush and evenly distribute it over my problem areas (MY WHOLE FACE :) ) and retouch throughout the day as seen needed.  My one warning however, is that the product can appear to be very chalky if not blended in well, so BLEND BLEND BLEND

Coverage: This product gives no coverage since it is a translucent finishing powder, however it wears very well. This means that depending on how much you apply the product blots the oil without giving your face a flat look. Over foundation, I am still able to maintain a nice "natural" glowy look without looking flat and washed out

Packaging: I think the one downfall of this product is that it has very flimsy packaging. Designed like a large disc,the lid is very loose and if you are not careful you  can easily break it, or loose it in your purse if you choose to carry it in your makeup bag.

Pricing: Between $4~$7 USD depending on size, location, and availability

Overall: I think this is a great oil control product. Even if you choose not to wear any foundation, on bare skin this product works just as well. My only warning is not to overload on the powder because it will leave a white caste if you put on too much.
:) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment