Friday, March 30, 2012

Beauty Rush Glossy Shinestick

Ohhhhh Victoria's Secret how you did me wrong!!!! You suckered me in with your yummy  smells and frilly undies and blinded me into buying a lip thingy I didn't even waaaaaannnt.


Alright I'm a typical chick. I like all sorts of pretty frilly things and when I saw these colorful glossy lip shine thingy's I was all over them. Not only did they come in an assortment of colors but FLAVORS as well. Pina colada, cherry, berry, strawberry, yum yum yum!

But that's where the fun stops (READ IN EPIC DOOM VOICE)

Packaging: Typical lipstick style wind up design with clear cap. Very slim and compact making them easy to travel with.

Product: The texture is almost that of a thin lip balm. It slides on fairly easily,  but some of the shinesticks have glitter which makes the texture a little rough when applying. 

Payoff: The colors are fairly pigmented. They give a tinted balm affect which is really nice because it looks very  natural.

Overall: Don't do it ladies, don't get suckered in by the heavenly feminine store. This product SUCKS! For the first few days I fooled myself into thinking that these shinesticks were awesome and that I looked like Miranda Kerr in the ads. Yeah, FAIL! The product exaggerated the lines and cracks in my lips and after a period of time they dried up my once hydrated lips. They had weak lasting power and overall were just blah. However, I still love the smells and they don't taste half bad.
If you own these and have found a way to make them work for you, please share! I'd hate to waste the four that I bought.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment