Thursday, March 29, 2012

Drugstore Liquid Liners Comparison

I looooove me some liner! Not only does it  help my hooded eyes pop, but it gives an overall more put together look. Now I would be  lying if I said I'm  not curious about higher end liners, but why spend so much when drugstore liquid liners do the exact same thing :)


Below is a comparison of three very popular drugstore liquid liners : Loreal Linear Intense, Maybelline Stiletto, and N.Y.C Liner


Brushes: While both the Loreal Linear Intense and the Stiletto have felt tips,  the NYC liner has a really thin brush
Color Payoff:

Comparison: For overall intenseness of color, the Maybelline Stiletto is the BEST! Not only is it the darkest of the three, it also has the longest staying power. I found  that with the Linear Intense (which is also the most advertised and over hyped on YouTube), I had to go over the line multiple times and even then it wasn't very black and it had a tendency to turn grey and flake on my oily  lids. The NYC liner was great in color, but the flimsy brush and liquidy formula made it more difficult to work with.

Overall: I've been using the Maybelline Stiletto Liner for years, and even when I experiment with other brands and styles, I always find myself going back. Most definitely worth a try :)
Side Note: the images are recycled from my once YouTube channel

No comments:

Post a Comment