Saturday, March 31, 2012

Massive E.L.F Lip Product Review!!!!

When I first started experimenting with makeup, E.L.F is the first place I went, and ladies let me tell you, this company was NOOOOO WAAAY  and as nice as  it is today. They had like 10 products, all just low quality and gross.

I tried to be the shiz nits and wear their pressed powder to school one day, and instead of the "oooooooo's" and "aaahhhhh" that I wanted, I got "ewwwwwwwww's" and " "Are you ok, you look really sick." (Later realized the powder had formed ghostly patches and made me look like I was peeling)
However, in the past few years, they have really listened to their customers and have created some really nice products :) Here is my mass review of lip products that I have tried.

Lip Primer/Plumper
For some this is their go-to product, for others this is trash. For me personally, I  noticed  nothing too different. Yes, it helped prime lips, but it came off in a waxy consistency, and I saw no plumping.

Lip stain:
These are part of the E.L.F  '12 spring line. Typical lip stain design, you color you  lips and you are done. I felt these stains had a nice color pay off but they were very drying . Not a lot of color selection.

Hypershine Gloss:
To me these are very similar to the  Stilla Lipglazes. For $1 USD these are great. They come in a variety of  colors, supper glossy and the color payoff is just enough. Yes, they don't last as long as you would like, but come on, what gloss stays on for that long anyways? Most definitely give these a try.

Plumping Lipglaze:
Don't fall for the name, there is nothing plumping about these lipglazes. They are dual sided, one for the color, one for the glaze. I found the colors to be cute  but gloopy and the glaze nothing more then a shiny gloss.  There is a pepperminty taste to the product and the methanol does help give the illusion of slightly plumper lips for like 10 minutes.

Mineral Gloss:
Part of ELF's mineral line, these  glosses are great. They come in a nice range of colors, and they go very smoothly. The lasting power is like that of any gloss, but I think they are well worth the price. My only complaint is that some have shimmer in them so when you apply them you can sometimes feel the particles on your lips. These are a staple in my purse.

Lip Shines:
Once again, some girls love them, others hate them. I'm divided between the two. I think the color selection is great, very moisturizing and easy to travel with. However, I find them to be thick and a bit messy. I recommend these more for girls in high school or college who need something cheap that gives quick color. Nothing special.

Essential Lipstick:
Love these! For just $1 USD each, these lipsticks are awesome. A little difficult to work with when first applying, these lipsticks not only have great color payoff, by lasting power as well. For me at the end of the day, they leave a really nice stain like effect. Plus with the huge color selection, there is something for everyone :)

Mineral Lipstick:
My favorite E.L.F lip product :). These lipsticks are smooth, moisturizing and long lasting-ish. Rosy Raisin is my go to lipstick and I absolutely love it!. The color payoff is great and once again with the huge color selection, there is something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment