Friday, March 30, 2012

ELF Studio Line Blushes with Swatches

Okie dokie, so the last couple of nights, I have been up till almost 1am reading beauty blogs. Why? I don't know, I'm just weird like that, but because of my sudden fascination with reading blogs, I have gotten a good feel about what products people are blogging about. One surprisingly controversial product I have  read about are the E.L.F Studio Line Blushes. While some girls swear by them, others loathe them. So here's my review, hope it helps y'all out :) (Yup, a Cali girl just said y'all)

Okay so I own three of the Studio Line blushes:

Tickled Pink: A gorgeous baby pink, that can be built up to a true cotton candy color (this is my current favorite)
Candid Coral: A beautiful coral/peachy color. It is VERY similar to NARS Orgasm. It has small shimmer particles making it a really nice highlight on darker toned women. I usually layer this over other colors for a nice glow.
Blushing Rose: This is really nice berry colored blush. I use mostly around the holidays, but it's still a great buildable color. This one has small gold flecks which look really nice when they catch the light, yes even on oily skin :) Don't worry they are so small, you won't look like a disco ball.

Packaging: The blushes come in a rectangular black case. In my opinion the packaging is a knock off of the NARS, packaging, but then again, most of E.L.F's packaging is a knock off of a higher brand. Becareful when handling these blushes they break very easily. As you can see from my pictures, I've done some damage :)
Product: Here's where the trouble begins. While some girls complain that the blushes are to rough and chalky, others rave that they are so pigmented and soft. In my opinion, it depends on the color. While some colors are chalky and others are soft, I feel they are all very wearable and workable. For example, on of favorite blushes is Tickled Pink. It's a light baby pink, gorgeous color, but it is very chalky. I have to swipe with my brush a few times to get some color, but the color that I do get is really really nice.

Price: $3 USD

Overall: It's a luck of the draw. I personally love theses blushes because they are so cheap, blendable and versatile. Yes, some of the blushes are chalky and maybe a little difficult to work with, overall, E.L.F offers a beautiful range of colors, that you really can't hate on. So, in my opinion, I would say give these blushes a try, all you gotta loose is $3, and when you compare it to some of the $25 USD that the blushes are dupes are for, these are a real steal. Plus, they are surprising very long lasting. For a girl, whose face looks greasy within and hour, these blushes last me all day without fail :)
:) :) :) :)

PS: Sorry for the low quality pictures, bad lighting + cheap camera = bad pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment