Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Review: Revlon Photo Ready Foundation


Well hello condensed glitter in a bottle. Having fallen' in love with the Revlon Colorstay Foundation, when this foundation came out I was the first to run out and try it. I thought, "hey its the same company, same formula, AND IT HAS A PUMP!"  Brought it home, put it on, and then shinned worse than Edward Cullen from Twilight :)

Pros

Coverage: The coverage for this foundation is great. Like most Revlon foundations, the coverage is easily buildable and the overall effect is great. Its sits well on the skin and as advertised, it photos really nicely.

Packaging: IT HAS A PUMP! If you read my review of the Revlon Colorstay Foundation, then you know that I love the product but hate that it has no pump making it very messy and unhygienic to deal with. Well I think Revlon secretly heard my prayers and put a pump on this product. The perfect amount  is dispensed each time, and you can easily add half pumps.

Cons

Glitter: I get it, the glitter is supposed to reflect light, therefore giving off an airbrushed and flawless look in photos. However, for those of us aren't Adriana Lima and running from photo shoot to photo shoot, the added glitter is pointless. Although some people say that the glitter is not that much of a distraction, for my oily skin it was overkill.

Pricing: If Revlon wants to remain accessible to the masses,then they have to find a way to remain drugstore budget friendly. I bought this product for $15 USD and returned it not only because I didn't like it, but also I felt bad for how much I spent on it.

Overall: I would recommend this foundation to those who know they will be photographed a lot. be it for picture day at school, a wedding, clubbing or if you just like glitter on your skin, then go ahead invest in this product
:) :) 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment