Saturday, March 31, 2012

Benefit Hello Now, Oxygen WOW Foundation

No. Nope, don't want to look like a confused Oompa Loompa. Nope, sorry not me, and I'm so darned sad that's exactly how I feel in this foundation....Sometimes....Confused? Me too.


So here's this fancy foundation that I originally bought for my mom, because the cakeface lady said its good for mature skin. She even applied it on my sister in the store and it looked great, but when I got it home and tried it, it was another story. Apparently if I'm not standing under fluorescent lights 24/7, then I can't rock this foundation.

Packaging: The foundation comes in plastic, pump style bottle. Unlike most foundations which come in glass  bottles, the plastic Benefit bottle felt so cheap and flimsy. Inside the box is a sample of the POREfessional Pore minimizing cream, I will have a review up for that shortly.

Pricing: $34 USD

Product:
Pros
  • Very light. Feels almost non-existent on the skin and feels undetectable to the touch
  • Looks great in pictures and at a distance
  • Easy to remove
  • SPF 25!
  • Oil Free

Cons
  • Very runny, gets all over if you pump too much
  • OXIDIZES! Within minutes I noticed a color change and the foundation started turning orange
  • Not consistent Applies like a liquid, turns chalky/powdery then wears like a liquid foundation
  • Settles into pores and fine lines
  • Cracks around dry patches/zits
  • Looks cakey
  • 9 colors to choose from
Overall: I am sooooo confused. I had read some raving reviews about this product. Ladies claimed that this was the best thing out there and they had found their holy grail product. I thought none of this.  While the application is flawless and the feel is heavenly because it seriously  feels  like you have nothing on, I didn't like the way it  looked on  my skin. I wore this while bridal shopping with my cousin for her wedding, and throughout the day she kept commenting on the changing  appearance of my face.
One minute I was shining, the next I looked matte/flat  and then I looked powdery. Then mid-morning it startled settling into my pores and I had a whole another problem on my hands. As  I write this review, I feel so jipped by the sales woman, because her selling point was that its great for  mature skin because its light and moisturing.....yeah, not happening. I tried this foundation on my mom who has near perfect skin, and the poor lady looked like a mature version of Snooki with ten pounds of makeup on with huge crows feet.

I would recommend skipping this foundation for sure. However if you MUST try  it, I would recommend this for people with flawless skin and no wrinkles looking for light to medium coverage. I would not recommend this to individuals with dry skin because it will crust around the dry patches, and for oily skinned individuals, it will sink into their pores een with a primer.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment