Monday, April 2, 2012

BeneFit "Hello Flawless" Cover up Powder

If I was a face powder kind of girl, then this would be the one. Oh the simplicity, the coverage, the SPF....yes, we could've been a great match :)

Now before I start sounding anymore like a perv, on with my review :)


Packaging: The powder comes in a cute little box within in a box. Although BeneFit products as a whole aren't necessarily on the top of my favorites list, I must say, their packaging is always cute. 


Included with the powder are a typical brush and sponge applicator. While the brush is okay  if you have absolutely nothing else, most definitely throw out the sponge. Don't want all your face oils getting caught in it when you use is.

Product: The face powder itself is a  soft consistency. Where I have found other powders to be very chalky and streaky, this powder is soft and blends in very well. As written on the box, with a brush the powder gives a very sheer coverage and with a sponge its a great spot cover-up. Plus the SPF 15 doesn't hurt either :)

Pricing: Here's where I hesitate. If it was twenty dollars cheaper, I would be all over it, but at $34 USD, it's definitely a could've, would've should've  kind of product.

Overall: I have never been a powder kind of girl. I have always found them to make my face look chalky and overly done.  Honestly can't even think of the last time that I used a powder, other than a translucent one to set my foundation once in a while. 

However, after experimenting with this powder, I think maybe I should change my mind. Although I wasn't a huge fan of the effect it gave over my foundation, on its own, over some primer and tinted moisturizer I found this powder to be great. We all have those days, when we just don't want anything heavy on our face and I think for those days, this powder is great. It helped cover my small imperfections, without going overboard and let my skin breathe.

I would recommend this powder cover up  for girls looking for a major setting powder that just won't let your foundation budge, as well as girls looking for a light airy look.  Remember the secret is in the application :)

:) :) :) 3/4

No comments:

Post a Comment