Wednesday, April 18, 2012

MY FIRST JULEP MAVEN BOX!


I'm a sucker for nail products especially nail polish. So after reading about all the lovely ladies subscribed to the Julep Maven box, I  just had to get in on it.....Oh did I forget to mention it only cost me 1 penny!!!! what!!! Yup!!!!

Meet my Julep Maven Box....shes so sleek :)

Do not tell me there are goodies inside a box and  then expect me to patiently open it. NOPE I tore the box open and look what came out :)

This is the Julep glycolic hand scrub. Think St. Ives Apricot Scrub but more citrusy smell. it left my hands feeling very soft and slightly hydrated

Now to the nail polish!! On the online test, I tested as BOHO GLAM. While the words sound exactly like me, I wasn't too in love with the nail colors, but I am so glad I stuck to the BOHO colors because I really really  love one of the colors.

The grey is called "Meryl" and  it is a very nice creamy grey. While I like the muted color, I already have a grey that is an exact match for this.

The yellow one is called "Blake" and I love Blake :) Normally  I love crazy vibrant colors on my nails, but this the PERFECT buttery yellow to make me turn towards pastels

OVERALL: For a penny I love what I got! I mean how can you complain when you literally paid nothing. However would I become a monthly subcriber.......for $2o/month probably not. Ouch, I know. I love nail varnish but I mean come on I can go to the drugstore and pick up polish for like a buck, so sorry Julep Maven, although your introductory offer is AWESOME, I just can not see myself paying that much each moth for nail polish and hand products.

TO GET IN ON THE DEAL TYPE IN COLOR2012 when you check out!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Great blog! I have awarded you with the "Versatile Blogger" Award! Check out the details on my blog post here!: http://valerieangel89-beautyfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the yellow! How perfect now that we're heading into summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours! I got the $0.01 deal to. But I agree I don't think I'll continue with the subscription much longer.
    Loving your blog:) Now following

    xo

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, I just can not seem to rationalize paying $20/month for nail polish. Thanks for reading/following :) Means the world to me :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the review! I am anxiously waiting to order their next mystery box!

    ReplyDelete