Thursday, April 12, 2012

MY FIRST GLAM BAG!!! with mini review


So I am sure if you are a beauty fanatic then you have scoured the beauty videos on YouTube and probably have watched the videos called "YouTube Made Me Do It."  Well this is my "Blogging Made Me Do IT." :)

Before blogging I had no interest in the monthly beauty box thingys. Although I like reading about them, I had no  interest in purchasing them. But then I thought, you know what, why the heck not. :)

So I chose to purchase  from myglam.com, because I found them to be the cheapest. I mean $10 thats it!

So here's what I got!

All the stuff came in this shiny bubble envelope

When I open it, out came a postcard with all the YouTube gals who are the face of the company

All the products came in a cute little metalic pink makeup bag

Here's the 5 (technically 4 since the brushes are a set) that were in the bag

DermStore Lip Quench-Moisture Infused Lip Treatment: claims to be a treatment to help nourish, soften and smooth lips.

My initial reaction: LOVE! I put it on my lips already feel awesome! Although the tube is a b**** to squeeze and get the product out, it works wonders (so far). It's the consistency of Vaseline, but it stays on a lot better and to me it smells like strawberries with a hint of mint.

All-Belle Lashes- claim to accentuate you eyes.

My initial reaction: I'm not really a lash kinda gal since thankfully my natural ones are just fine for me and VERY RARELY do I wear fake lashes, but these will be fun to play around with.


All over eyeshadow brush and angled brush: claim to be "hand picked by Michelle."

My initial reaction: I tried these out and they are duds. Nothing special. I tried the angled brush to apply gel  liner but because it was so flimsy it kept folding, so I'm gonna have to find another use for it, maybe for my eyebrows.



Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Junkie: Creamy Green/Teal (depending on the lighting) eyeliner with gold specks. 

My initial reaction: For me this pencil alone was worth the $10. These liners normally sell for double the price where I live and this travel size one is perfect for me. Of course I tried it on when I opened the package and so far...I love! The liner is so creamy, the color is so fun and gorgeous and I actually like the gold specks :) But the downside, I need a really good primer because unfortunatley for me, my oily lids will not allow this product to stay put, it actually smudged onto my upper lids:(

OVERALL: It was okay. I don't know why, but I was expecting so much more. Not  necessarily more products but....I don't know. I think I had built up my purchase so much in my head that I really set myself up for disappointment. So will I be re-purchasing from MyGlam.....maybe. I think I will give it one more month and if I don't like that package, I will sadly have to switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment