Monday, March 17, 2014

I whip my foundation back and forth! Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation

Yup, I just referenced a ten year old's hit single...so sad. But what ev's let's get to the review :)
 Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation.
Packaging : The foundation comes in a cool sleek glass jar. Very similar to Chanel packaging. When you open it, there is a plastic cover to keep the foundation in place.
Product: Advertised as a light-weight formula that lasts 24 hours, this foundation is a wet mousse type of consistency. No, it is not the same as the dream mousse line by Maybelline or the spray foam foundation. Rather when you first look at it, it looks like the regular Colorstay that has been dumped in the jar
but when you touch it with a brush, you can see the wet foamy bubbles.

Pricing: $12-$16 depending on location and availability
Pros:
  • feel light weight
  • wear flawlessly throughout the day
  • long-lasting
  • need very little to get full coverage
Cons:
  • Very expensive for a drugstore foundation
  • sinks into pores/ cakes around blemishes
  • limited color selection
Overall: I really like this foundation. At first I wasn't too sure about what to make of this product. Is is liquid, is it mousse? I couldn't decide, but it felt great on my skin, not the same thickness as the regular Colorstay. My only problem however is that I felt I needed a primer because although it looked gorgeous on  my skin as the hours passed, it also sank into my pores and caked around dry patches and blemishes.
Would I buy it again? I think so, I mean I wouldn't wear on the days I have a breakout our problem skin, but I for long work days or a night out, it is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment