Monday, March 17, 2014

AHAVA Mineral Botanic Cream Body Wash Cream Body Wash- Hibiscus Fig

Products: AHAVA Mineral Botanic Cream Body Wash- Hibiscus & Fig
Claims to use natural minerals and salts for the Dead Sea for therapeutic powers and cosmetic benefits.
Price: $23 USD for 17oz.
Performance: Uhhh, hello silk in a bottle :) Ya'll I didn't have any expectations for this product, I mean I had heard of AHAVA but was never really interested. So when I got in the shower and poured some on my loofah, I was shocked by the amount of  lather and suds this product made, a very pleasant surprise. Furthermore, as I started to loofah away, the smooth and silky feeling was awesome, so awesome that I actually giggled because I was so surprised about how nice the cream wash felt on my skin. As an added bonus, since a small amount really does go a long way, one squirt of product lasted my whole shower.
Benefits: I am not a fan of summer because it is wretched for my skin. Due to high temperatures (it is a 112F in Cali where I live, today) and sun exposure, I always get mild heat rashes, discoloration on my face and just overall irritated skin. What the AHAVA did right after the first use, was calm my skin and sooth the irritations. Within a few days, I saw  my skin kinda clear up and look refreshed.
Overall: I would recommend this product for people with sensitive or dry skin. Designed specifically for dry skin, I can see how this product can be moisturizing and soothing, but on my normal/combo skin, while it helped calm my skin, it didn't do much for moisturizing. And although the product does have a very nice slightly floral smell, it does not linger on the skin very long, which can be a plus for people who have skin allergies to added oils and scents.
Would I buy it again? For the summer I definitely would just because it is so gentle and light weight, but for winter I would definitely opt for a more moisturizing body wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment