Thursday, May 10, 2012

Seche Vite Anyone???


If you read my post "Confessions of a Nail Polish Junkie" then you know I have a serious nail polish addiction :) And  while I know this addiction is harmful both to my wallet and my poor roommate who has to smell the stench of polish almost daily, I just can't help it.

So while rummaging through my rainbow of colors  trying  to find the color of the day, I came upon Seche Vite, the over-hyped, over priced, fast  drying top coat that some manicurists swear by. So is it worth it???? Read on :)
Packaging: Clear nail polish top coat looking bottle with a normal sized brush.

Price: $7-$20 USD depending on where you buy it. OUCH!

Product/Application:

PROS:
  • After applying nail polish and all the bejeweling details you want, apply one coat of this sucker and VOILA! Dry in less than twenty seconds. No joke!
  • Bottle lasts a while depending on how much of a nail polish junkie you are :)
  • DRIES SUPER FAST
  • DRIES SUPER FAST
  • DRIES SUPER FAST
CONS

  • Price is crazy
  • Smell is HORENDOUS!!! It takes a while to get used to the  lacquer smell
  • Doesn't really help MY nail  polish last longer, and instead of chipping it does more of a peeling affect which is fun to remove like a sticker :)
Overall:
I REAALLLLYYY like this product. I think it does exactly what it says and who doesn't want dry nails within seconds :) However because it is pricey I hesitate to recommend it to my budget conscious beauties who read this  blog and are just looking for cheap, readily accessible beauty products. BUT if you want dry nails ASAP, got some extra bucks for a great top coat, then go for it.

As for me, I think after I finish my bottle I might hold off on  buying another because I change my nail polish SOOOO much, that putting on such an expensive top coat just is not worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment