Friday, May 4, 2012

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs


Woke up Monday, looked outside, nice sunny dress wearing weather. Looked down at nice white legs.....yeah not happening.

I'm not a fake tan kind of girl. I always found them to look so orange and fake on others that I never wanted to try it out myself. However, I'm a curious kind of spirit and I love trying new things and this month it just so happens I'm into dresses and dresses require a nice pair of legs.

Now while I'm willing to expose my thick hammy calves to the world, I refuse to subject the world to their blinding whiteness :)

So off I went to Target and picked up this little bad boy for $7 USD.

Packaging: Metallic aerosol container, product squirts out like thick hairspray

Product: As I said above the product is like a thick hairspray that kinda bubbles and foams, depending on how close you aim it. Basically you spray it into your  hands and rub  onto desired area. You can apply a light layer or thick, depending on the affect you are going for. The product does dry quickly so work in small patches and work fast. Also it says its water  proof, which it is to some extent. Just don't wear white or go swimming and you will be fine :) Oh,  use a hand soap and it comes off your hands easily when done applying.

Overall: I can honestly when I first tried this "tan in a can" I hated it! It made me look like I was wearing orange nylons and made my legs look like I had purposely rubbed foundation on them.  But then something wonderful happened. After about ten minutes, after the product had settled, my legs looked great :) The tan looked "natural"  and all the little discoloration I had from sports scars were covered. 

Whats more, I even got comlimented.....BY A BOY!  (it was a good friend of mine who I adore)

So should you buy it....yeah why not. You have to work with it a little, but remember to use a light hand and pick the right color for the affect you are going for and you'll be fine.

SIDE NOTE: This is just a cosmetic fix product so with gentle exfoliation it washes off easily so if you are looking for a long term tan then this is not for you, but if you just want a quick tan for the day then go for it :)

I wore my tan all week but forgot to take pics, so here's a borrowed picture from online showing how the tan works.

No comments:

Post a Comment