He ya'll so last week I read a blog about this 30 day makeup challenge where you have a different task to do daily.
At first I was all psyched, like "Yeah, cool got me some new ideas! Totally gonna do this! " (said in radical white surfer dude voice), but here I am four days later and well, lets just say it....FAIL! :)
So what I decided to do instead was pick and choose the tasks that I liked best and share my idea with you all. The first one that stood out to me the one about sharing tips and tricks that I may know....so here I go:
1. Concealer brushes were made for a reason! While I do believe you can use any brush for any task you want, concealer brushes are that perfect size to cover your problem areas. So ladies put down the spatulas, and brushes the size of your head and just use the tiny brush (or ur finger) to only cover the problem area. You save product and you avoid the cake face. So conceal, dab dab dab to blend edges...done
2. Clear Mascara isn't just for your lashes! It is also a great brow setter and a quick way to make your wispy fly-away hairs stay in place.
3. Lipstick is a multi-tasker! Lips, cheek stain, eye primer...it does it all.
4. Gloss=gorgeous lips! Just dab some gloss in the center of your bottom lip and BAM! sexy lips...OH add a small highlight to your cupids bow for extra plumpness
5. Bronzer is your friend! I was never a bronzer girl cause I always feared looking like Snooki or overdone. However, with the right color I found it can do wonders. Applied in a "3" motion on my round face and then WATCH OUT sexy face! (Plus I can now hide my double chin without dieting :) OOOOO and if you dont want a powder bronzer, just buy a foundation colors a few shades darker and tada you got your self a liquid bronzer
6. Look wide-eyed with white: I think everyone already knows that if you put white liner on your lower inner lid that it will make your eyes look wider and alert. For me I find the white to be too harsh, so I use a nude pencil which works the same way
7. Baby Powder/Baking Soda to the rescue: If you are a grease ball or just lazy and don't like washing your hair, use baby powder or baking soda to suck up all the oils in your head. Get a small amount, work it into roots, comb out, done! (more suitable for lighter hair)
8. STOP smiling when applying blush! This is as an old school trick that we have all used but need to stop. When you smile your cheeks are higher, when you stop smiling they go back down. So while you might have thought you just applied some sexy blush to your gorgeous cheeks...think again because now its down to your jowls :)
9. Use mascara to cover your pesky greys! Enough said.
10. Make your own tinted moisturizer! Foundation+ Moisturizer=$ saved
11. Make your OWN exfoliator: Recipes everywhere online but basically sugar+oil/lotion= cheap natural alternative
12. No SPF for photos! I know this is controversial, but in order to avoid the ghost face in pictures, avoid makeup with titanium dioxide or SPF. Usually the setting powder is the culprit.
13. Brush your lips! For smooth kissable lips, gently exfoliate your lips with your toothbrush to buff off all the icky dead skin and apply a balm to finish off.
14. Layer you Mascara! Love the idea of water proof mascara but hate taking it off? Well first apply a regular mascara and then top it with a waterproof one. This way the water proof formula locks onto the regular mascara and not your lashes making it easier to remove :)
15.Instant facelift! Go look at yourself in the mirror and smile. anywhere you see a shadow (upper and lower lip, corner of eyes) apply a small amount ofshimmer or off white color to give you a quick pick me up effect :)
16. Base coat and buff your nails! If you have ever worn nail polish only to find it stained your nails once you removed it, don't worry. Simply use a buffer to remove the stain and apply a base coat next time.
17. Burn you pencil Liner! When your pencil liner dries out or breaks and you can't sharpen it, use a lighter to gently warm up the tip and within seconds, you got a functioning pencil.
18. Starighten Up! For extra volume when straightening hair, pull hair up and away from scalp instead of straight down for instant volume
19. Suck a finger! NOW DONT YOU ALL GET ANY WRONG IDEAS! LOL! when you wear a darker lipstick they have a tendency to get on your teeth. To avoid that after you have applied the lipstick, put you finger in your mouth like a lollipop, close mouth and pull finger out. All the excess color will have come off on your finger :)
So ladies, these are just a few tips for you all to try if you didn't already know them, I have TONS more to share with you all, but I would love to read about your tips and tricks so please do share in the comments or make a post of your own :)